What Makes You Happy?

    I honestly procrastinated writing this blog because I didn't know what I was going to write about, but then this weekend inspired me. 

       Homecoming weekend -- 2 days of pure fun, laughter, a little bit of stress, and dancing. Looking back at my list of core values I found one value that stood out to me. It was happiness. According to Meriam-Webster, it means the state of being happy. Then, this one question came to my mind: what makes people happy? The homecoming dance helped me answer that question.


The mosh pit. A place where under and upper classman can dance, sing, scream, yell, and bust down without any care in the world. This is an expression of happiness. 



LED put-put golf. A mini golf course where students will either try to actually play golf or just randomly hit and chase the ball down. This is another expression of happiness. The track. A 400-meter-long path where students can walk around, talk, laugh, and gossip about anything and everything. This is another expression of happiness. 

Lastly, the food trucks. A place to overpay for lemonade, pizza, snow cones, and cookies to quench your thirst and feed your hunger. This is another expression of happiness. 

    All of these situations were happening simultaneously, yet everyone was experiencing different forms of happiness -- according to their own style. This weekend taught me that people feel happiness in so many different ways and it's fascinating to observe how each individual carries out certain actions that make them happy. 

    If you were expecting an answer to my question, I'm here to tell you that there is no one specific answer. That being said, there is no right or wrong answer. Everyone experiences happiness through different things, at different times, with different people, and at different levels. That's what makes human beings so unique.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Influenced?

1st Quarter Recap

Best of Both Worlds