Last One
I still don't like writing. But that's not to say that I didn't enjoy this class because I will be walking out of Mrs. Feldkamp's room for the last time next week having learned and experienced so much more than just the in-class essays, assigned readings, and practice multiple choice.
Throwback to the Oedipus debate that more or less tore our class apart but also brought us together. Even though my team lost (and I may or may not have gotten eaten alive by Avril), this will always be a core memory for me. No Harkness will ever top this debate in my list of English anxiety inducers. So, thank you Oedipus debate for making Harkness circles less scary and for allowing me to experience my first in-class debate.
I'd also like to thank my book club book, Where the Crawdads Sing. You were one of the few books I actually read this year (oops) and I enjoyed every page - although some parts were weird, but I'll let that slide. You helped me find a genre that I like to read and helped me to find other books that I'm interested in reading in the future. And without you, I wouldn't have known what to write for Q3 of the AP exam.
To my little table of four in the back corner of the classroom underneath the American flag. Catie, your talent in poetry shouldn't just be shared with our class rather you should consider entering a poetry contest!! Charlotte, a messed-up knee won't stop, can't stop, and will never stop you!! Leah, you work that 5-9 and double and you get that bank!! These jokes made my year so, thank you for making me laugh and keeping me company this year. Har Vard got nothing on us :)
I don't think I can write without mentioning the person that helped me grow as a writer and person, taught me tips and tricks about literature and life, and made class uplifting and fun every day. Your class was the only class in my schedule that made me feel like a senior. We were writing and revising our college essays and you were there for us to conference and advise us when we needed help. I was never a student who liked going to English class because I felt out of place as writing was not my strength. But you created a friendly and comfortable environment that I found myself enjoying more and more. Your small words of advice and encouragement helped push me through senior year. Thank you, Mrs. Feldkamp.
To end this, I'm just going to say this -- last one, best one.





Comments
Post a Comment